Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013
Chapter VII National Monitoring Committee for Rehabilitation and Resettlement
49. Establishment of National Monitoring Committee for rehabilitation and resettlement.
1. The Central Government may, whenever necessary, for national or inter-State projects, constitute a National Monitoring Committee for reviewing and monitoring the implementation of rehabilitation and resettlement schemes or plans under this Act.
2. The Committee may, besides having representation of the concerned Ministries and Departments of the Central and State Governments, associate with it eminent experts from the relevant fields.
3. The procedures to be followed by the Committee and the allowances payable to the experts shall be such as may be prescribed.
4. The Central Government shall provide officers and other employees to the Committee necessary for its efficient functioning.