Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009
7. Sharing of financial and other responsibilities.-
1. The Central Government and the State Governments shall have concurrent responsibility for providing funds for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
2. The Central Government shall prepare the estimates of capital and recurring expenditure for the implementation of the provisions of the Act.
3. The Central Government shall provide to the State Governments, as grants-in-aid of revenues, such percentage of expenditure referred to in sub-section (2) as it may determine, from time to time, in consultation with the State Governments.
4. The Central Government may make a request to the President to make a reference to the Finance Commission under sub-clause (d) of clause (3) of article 280 to examine the need for additional resources to be provided to any State Government so that the said State Government may provide its share of funds for carrying out the provisions of the Act.
5. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (4), the State Government shall, taking into consideration the sums provided by the Central Government to a State Government under sub-section (3), and its other resources, be responsible to provide funds for implementation of the provisions of the Act.
6. The Central Government shall--
a. develop a framework of national curriculum with the help of academic authority specified under section 29;
b. develop and enforce standards for training of teachers;
c. provide technical support and resources to the State Government for promoting innovations, researches, planning and capacity building.