Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009
19. Norms and standards for school.-
1. No school shall be established,, or recognised, under section 18, unless it fulfils the norms and standards specified in the Schedule.
2. Where a school established before the commencement of this Act does not fulfill the norms and standards specified in the Schedule, it shall take steps to fulfill such norms and standards at its own expenses, within a period of three years from the date of such commencement.
3. Where a school fails to fulfil the norms and standards within the period specified under sub-section (2), the authority prescribed under sub-section (1) of section 18 shall withdraw recognition granted to such school in the manner specified under sub-section (3) thereof.
4. With effect from the date of withdrawal of recognition under sub-section (3), no school shall continue to function.
5. Any person who continues to run a school after the recognition is withdrawn, shall be liable to fine which may extend to one lakh rupees and in case of continuing contraventions, to a fine of ten thousand rupees for each day during which such contravention continues.