The Revenue Recovery Act, 1890
7. Saving of local laws relating to revenue.
Nothing in the foregoing sections shall be construed--
- to impair any security provided by, or affect the provisions of, any other enactment for the time being in force for the recovery of land-revenue or of sums recoverable as arrears of land-revenue, or
- to authorise the arrest of any person for the recovery of any tax payable to the corporation, commissioner, committee, board, council or person having authority over a municipality under any enactment for the time being in force.
- Subs. by the A. O. 1937, for "against the Government".
- Subs. by the A. O. 1948, for "Crown".
- See definition in the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897), s.(22).