1. Short title, extent and duration.-
(1) This Act may be called the Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property Act, 1952.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir. 2* * * * *
1. This Act has been extended to Dadra and Nagar Haveli by Reg. 6 of 1963, s. 2 and Sch.
I and Goa, Daman and Diu by Notification. No. G.S.R. 388, dated the 15th March. 1967, Gazette of India, Pt. II., Sec. 3 (i), p. 471 to and brought into force in the State of Sikkim (w.e.f. 1-12-1976) by Notification. No. S.O. 4514, dated 27th November, 1976.
This Act has been amended in Goa, Daman and Diu by Goa, Daman and Diu Act 6 of 1977.
2. Sub-section (3) omitted by Act 1 of 1970, s. 2 (w.e.f. 11-3-1970).