4[112. Abatement of election petitions.-
(1) An election petition shall abate only on the death or a sole petitioner or of the survivor of several petition.
(2) Where an election petition abates under sub-section (1), the High Court shall cause the fact to be published in such manner as it may deem fit.
(3) Any person who might himself have been a petitioner may, within fourteen days of such publication, apply to be substituted as petitioner and upon compliance with the conditions, if any, as security, shall be entitled to be so substituted and to continue the proceedings upon such terms as the High Court may deem fit.]
1. Subs. by Act 47 of 1966, s. 46, for sections 109 and 110 (w.e.f. 14-12-1966).
2. Subs. by s. 47, ibid., for "the Tribunal" (w.e.f. 14-12-1966). 3. Ins. by Act 27 of 1956, s. 61 (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
4. Subs. by Act 47 of 1966, s. 48, for sections 112 to 115 (w.e.f. 14-12-1966).