8[73A. Special provision as to certain elections.-
Notwithstanding anything contained in section 73 or in any other provision of this Act, with respect to the general election for the purpose of constituting a New House of the People upon dissolution of the Ninth House of the People,-
(a) the notification under section 73 may be issued without taking into account the Parliamentary constituencies in the State of Jammu and Kashmir*; and
(b) the Election Commission may take the steps in relation to elections from the Parliamentary constituencies in the State of Jammu and Kashmir* separately and in such manner and on such date or dates as it may deem appropriate.]
*. Vide Notification No. S.O. 3912 (E), dated 30th October, 2019, this Act is made applicable to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the Union territory of Ladakh.
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 1956, s. 40 (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
2. Subs. by s. 41, ibid., for sections 71 to 75 (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
3. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956, for "Part C States".
4. Subs. by Act 40 of 1961, s. 16, for "the appropriate authority" (w.e.f. 20-9-1961).
5. Subs. by Act 10 of 1967, s. 2, for certain words (w.e.f. 11-4-1967).
6. Certain words omitted by Act 40 of 1961, s. 16 (w.e.f. 20-9-1961). 7. Subs. by Act 10 of 1967, s. 2, for clause (a) (w.e.f. 11-4-1967).
8. Subs. by Act 31 of 1991, s. 2, for sections 73A and 73AA (w.e.f. 18-4-1991).