42. Revocation of the appointment, or death, of an election agent.-
(1) Any revocation of the appointment of an election agent, 6*** shall be signed by the candidate, and shall operate from the date on on which it is lodged with the returning officer.
7[(2) In the event of such a revocation or of the death of an election agent whether that event occurs before or during the election, or after the election but before the account of the candidate's election expenses has been lodged in accordance with the provisions of section 78, the candidate may appoint in the prescribed manner another person to be his election agent and when such appointment is made notice of the appointment shall be given in the prescribed manner to the returning officer.]
1. Ins. by Act 47 of 1966, s. 30 (w.e.f. 14-12-1966).
2. Clause (aa) relettered as clause (ab) by Act 1 of 1989, s. 8 (w.e.f. 1-4-1989). 3. Ins. by Act 46 of 2003, s. 3 (w.e.f. 24-9-2003).
4. Subs. by Act 27 of 1956, s. 23, for section 40 (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
5. Subs. by Act 47 of 1966, s. 31, for section 41 (w.e.f. 14-12-1966).
6. The words "whether he be the candidate himself or not" omitted by Act 27 of 1956, s. 24 (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
7. Subs. by s. 24, ibid., for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).