7[38. Publication of list of contesting candidates.-
(1) Immediately after the expiry of the period within which candidatures may be withdrawn under sub-section (1) of section 37, the returning officer shall prepare and publish in such form and manner as may be prescribed a list of contesting candidates, that is to say, candidates who were included in the list of validity nominated candidates and who have not withdrawn their candidature within the said period.
8[(2) For the purpose of listing the names under sub-section (1), the candidates shall be classified as follows, namely:-
(i) candidates of recognised political parties;
(ii) candidates of registered political parties other than those mentioned in clause (i);
(iii) other candidates.
(3) The categories mentioned in sub-section (2) shall be arranged in the order specified therein and the names of candidates in each category shall be arranged in alphabetical order and the addresses of the contesting candi dates as given in the nomination papers together with such other particulars as may be prescribed].]
1. The word "technical" omitted by Act 27 of 1956, s. 19 (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
2. Subs. by Act 40 of 1961, s. 9, for "and objection is made" (w.e.f. 20-9-1961). 3. Subs. by Act 27 of 1956, s. 19, for sub-section (7) (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
4. The word "seconder" omitted by s. 20, ibid. (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
5. The proviso omitted by s. 20, ibid. (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
6. Subs. by Act 40 of 1961, s. 10, for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 20-9-1961).
7. Subs. by Act 27 of 1956, s. 21, for section 38 (w.e.f. 28-8-1956).
8. Subs. by Act 21 of 1966, s. 8, for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 1-8-1996).