132. Penalty for misconduct at the polling station.-
(1) Any person who during the hours fixed for the poll at any polling station misconducts himself or fails to obey the lawful directions of the presiding officer may be removed from the polling station by the presiding officer or by any police officer on duty or by any person authorised in this behalf by such presiding officer.
(2) The powers conferred by sub-section (1) shall not be exercised so as to prevent any elector who is otherwise entitled to vote at a polling station from having an opportunity of voting at that station.
(3) If any person who has been so removed from a polling station re-enters the polling station without the permission of the presiding officer, he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months, or with fine, or with both.
(4) An offence punishable under sub-section (3) shall be cognizable.
1. Ins. by Act 47 of 1966, s. 55 (w.e.f. 14-12-1966).
2. Subs. by s. 56, ibid., for "one hundred yards" (w.e.f. 14-12-1966).