The Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992
4. Term of office of Chairperson and members.
1. The Chairperson or a member shall hold office for a term of two years from the date of his appointment or until his successor shall have been duly appointed, whichever is longer.
2. A casual vacancy in the Council shall be filled in accordance with the provisions of section 3 and the person so appointed shall hold office only for the remainder of the term for which the member in whose place he was appointed would have held that office.
3. The Council shall meet at least once in each year at such time and place as may be appointed by the Council and shall observe such rules of procedure in the transaction of business at a meeting as may be prescribed.
4. The Chairperson or, if for any reason, he is unable to attend the meeting of the Council, any member elected by the members present from amongst themselves at the meeting, shall preside at the meeting.
5. All questions which come up before any meeting of the Council shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence, the person presiding shall have a second or casting vote.