The Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 1992
21. Professional conduct and removal of names from Register.
1. The Council may prescribe standards of professional conduct and etiquette and a code of ethics for rehabilitation professionals.
2. Regulations made by the Council under sub-section (1) may specify which violations thereof shall constitute infamous conduct in any professional respect, that is to say, professional misconduct, and such provision shall have effect notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force.
3. The Council may order that the name of any person shall be removed from the Register where it is satisfied, after giving that person a reasonable opportunity of being heard, and after such further inquiry, if any, as it may deem fit to make,--
i. that his name has been entered in the Register by error or on account of misrepresentation or suppression of a material fact;
that he has been convicted of any offence or has been guilty of any infamous conduct in any professional respect, or has violated the standards of professional conduct and etiquette or the code of ethics prescribed under sub-section (1) which, in the opinion of the Council, renders him unfit to be kept in the Register.
4. An order under sub-section (3) may direct that any person whose name is ordered to be removed from the Register shall be ineligible for registration under this Act either permanently or for such period of years as may be specified.