14. Board of Governors.-
(1) There shall be a Board of Governors which shall be responsible for the governance of the Regional Centre.
(2) The Board shall be the apex body of the Regional Centre and shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Biotechnology-ex officio Chairperson;
(b) three eminent scientists in the relevant field not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent, out of whom at least one shall be a woman, to be nominated by the Central Government-ex officio members;
(c) a representative of the Director-General of UNESCO;
(d) two representatives from amongst the other member States of UNESCO, who substantially contribute resources to the running of the Regional Centre, in such manner as may be specified by the Statutes-members.
(3) The Chairperson of the Programme Advisory Committee shall be a permanent invitee of the Board.
(4) The Executive Director of the Regional Centre shall be the Convenor of the meetings of the Board.
(5) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside over the meetings of the Board.
(6) The Board shall meet at least once in a year and at such times as the Chairperson may decide in such manner as may be specified by the Statutes.
(7) The term of office of the members of the Board, other than ex officio members, shall be such as may be specified by the Statutes.
(8) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes and the Ordinances made thereunder, the Board may regulate its own procedure (including quorum) for the conduct of meetings and transacting business.