4[6. Power to make rules.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, rules made under this section may provide -
(a) for the setting up of machinery to ascertain the disabilities in respect of any of the matters specified in section 3 to which persons of Indian origin are subject in any British Possession;
(b) for the establishment of a suitable agency to administer the rules and for defining its functions and powers;
(c) for specifying the disabilities that shall, when a direction has been made under section 3, be imposed in 2[India] on persons not being of Indian origin who are domiciled in any British Possession and for the imposition on them of the disabilities so specified;
(d) for the enforcement, by the prescription of a penalty by way of imprisonment or fine or both, or any rule made under clause (c);
(e) for authorizing the arrest of any person contravening or reasonably suspected of contravening any rule made under clause (c), and for prescribing the duties of public servants and others in regard to such arrests.]
5[(3) Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
1. Subs. by Act 22 of 1943, s. 4, for the original s. 3.
2. Subs. by Act 3 of 1951, s. 3 and the Sch. for "the States"
3. Subs. by Act 22 of 1943, s. 5, for the original s. 5.
4. Subs. by s. 6, ibid., for the original s. 6.
5. Ins. by Act 4 of 1986, s. 2 the Sch. (w.e.f. 15-5-1986).