83. Powers of appropriate Government to issue directions to Authority and obtain reports and returns.-
(1) Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this Act, the Authority shall, in exercise of its powers and in performance of its functions under this Act, be bound by such directions on questions of policy, as the appropriate Government may give in writing to it from time to time: Provided that the Authority shall, as far as practicable, be given an opportunity to express its views before any direction is given under this sub-section.
(2) If any dispute arises between the appropriate Government and the Authority as to whether a question is or is not a question of policy, the decision of the appropriate Government thereon shall be final.
(3) The Authority shall furnish to the appropriate Government such returns or other information with respect to its activities as the appropriate Government may, from time to time, require.
1. Subs. by the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Removal of Difficulties Order, 2016 [S.O. 3347(E)], for clause (a) (w.e.f. 28-10-2016).