35. Powers of Authority to call for information, conduct investigations.-
(1) Where the Authority considers it expedient to do so, on a complaint or suomotu, relating to this Act or the rules or regulations made thereunder, it may, by order in writing and recording reasons therefor call upon any promoter or allottee or real estate agent, as the case may be, at any time to furnish in writing such information or explanation relating to its affairs as the Authority may require and appoint one or more persons to make an inquiry in relation to the affairs of any promoter or allottee or the real estate agent, as the case may be.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, while exercising the powers under sub-section (1), the Authority shall have the same powers as are vested in a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908) while trying a suit, in respect of the following matters, namely:-
- the discovery and production of books of account and other documents, at such place and at such time as may be specified by the Authority;
- summoning and enforcing the attendance of persons and examining them on oath;
- issuing commissions for the examination of witnesses or documents;
- any other matter which may be prescribed.