27. Statutes how to be made.-
(1) The first Statutes are those set out in the Schedule.
(2) The Board may from time to time make Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Board shall not make, amend or repeal any Statute affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Board.
(3) Every Statute or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the assent of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent therefrom or remit it to the Board for consideration.
(4) A Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1) during the period of three years immediately after the commencement of this Act.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Board is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Board for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the Statutes suitably.