3. Establishment of University.
(1) There shall be established a University by the name of "Rajiv Gandhi National Aviation University".
(2) The headquarters of the University shall be at Fursatganj in the District of Raebareli in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
(3) The University may establish or maintain campuses and centres at such other places within its jurisdiction as it may deem fit.
(4) The first Chancellor, the first Vice-Chancellor, the first members of the Court, the Executive Council, the Academic Council, and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, shall constitute the University.
(5) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall by that name, sue and be sued.
(6) The University shall be a teaching, research and affiliating Aviation University.