27. Statutes how to be made.
(1) The first Statutes of the University shall be framed by the Steering Committee of the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the copy of the same shall be laid as soon as may be, after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions contained in sub-section (1), the Executive Council may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes in the manner hereafter in this section provided:
Provided that the Executive Council shall not make, amend or repeal any Statutes affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given reasonable opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Executive Council.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the assent of the Visitor, who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit to the Executive Council for reconsideration in the light of the observation, if any, made by him.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may make new or additional Statutes or amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1), during the period of three years immediately after the commencement of this Act:
Provided that the Visitor may, on the expiry of the said period of three years, make, within one year from the date of such expiry, such detailed Statutes as he may consider necessary and such detailed Statutes shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the Visitor may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Executive Council is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Executive Council for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the Statutes suitably.