12. The Vice-Chancellor.
(1) The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner for such term and on such emoluments and other conditions of service as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the University and shall exercise general supervision and control over the affairs of the University and give effect to the decisions of all the authorities of the University.
(3) The Vice-Chancellor may, if he is of opinion that immediate action is necessary on any matter, exercise any power conferred on any authority of the University by or under this Act and shall report to such authority the action taken by him on such matter:
Provided that if the authority concerned is of opinion that such action ought not to have been taken, it may refer the matter to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final:
Provided further that any person in the service of the University who is aggrieved by the action taken by the Vice-Chancellor under this sub-section shall have the right to appeal against such action to the Executive Council within ninety days from the date on which decision on such action is communicated to him and thereupon the Executive Council may confirm, modify or reverse the action taken by theVice-Chancellor.
(4) The Vice-Chancellor, if he is of the opinion that any decision of any authority of the University is beyond the powers of the authority conferred by the provisions of this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances or that any decision taken is not in the interest of the University, may ask the authority concerned to review its decision within sixty days of such decision and if the authority refuses to review the decision either in whole or in part or no decision is taken by it within the said period of sixty days, the matter shall be referred to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final:
Provided that the decision of the authority concerned shall remain suspended during the period of such decision by the authority or the Visitor, as the case may be, under this sub-section.
(5) The Vice-Chancellor may cause an inspection to be made by such person or persons as he may direct, of a College or an Institution not being maintained by the University, its buildings, libraries, laboratories and equipment, and also examinations, teaching and other work conducted or done by the college or the institution and cause an inquiry, to be made in the like manner, in respect of any matter connected with the quality of education and other academic activities of the colleges or the institutions.
(6) The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Statutes or the Ordinances.