Railways Act, 1989
87. Power to make rules in respect of matters in this Chapter.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Chapter.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) goods in respect of which no forwarding note shall be executed under proviso to sub-section (1) of section 64;
(b) dangerous and offensive goods for the purposes of sub-section (1) of section 67;
(c) infectious or contagious diseases for the purposes of section 68,
(d) rates of penalty charges under section 73;
(e) the manner in which the consignment may be delivered without a railway receipt under section 76;
(f) the manner of delivery of consignment or the sale proceeds to the person entitled thereto under section 77,
(g) the conditions subject to which and charges payable for allowing weighment and circumstances for not allowing weighment of consignment in wagon-load or train-load under section 79;
(h) the manner of giving open delivery under section 81,
(i) the form of partial delivery certificate under sub-section (2) of section 82;
(j) the manner of sale of consignment or part thereof under the proviso to sub-section (2) of section 83;
(k) the manner in which a notice under sub-section (3) of section 83 may be given;
(l) generally, for regulating the carriage of goods by the railways.
(3) Any rule made under this section may provide that a contravention thereof shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one hundred and fifty rupees.
(4) Every railway administration shall keep at each station a copy of the rules for the time being in force under this section, and shall allow any. person to refer to it free of charge.