4. 1[Punishment for abetment, conspiracy or connivance at offences.]-
2[Whoever abets or conspires in the commission of an offence punishable under this Act, or any owner] or occupier of land or building, or any agent of such owner or occupier incharge of the management of that land or building, who wilfully connives at an offence against the provisions of this Act, shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both.
3[Explanation.-For the purposes of this section, the words "abet" and "conspire" shall have the same meanings as assigned to them respectively in sections 107 and 120A of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860.)]
1. 1st April, 1968, vide notification No. S.O. 1225, dated 1st April, 1968, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
2. Subs. by Act 25 of 2012, s. 2, for the marginal heading (w.e.f. 15-8-2012).
3. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "Whoever is found, or is proved" (w.e.f. 15-8-2012).
4. Explanation ins. by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-8-2012).