Public Provident Fund Act, 1968
[See section 3(2)]
Matters for which provision may be made in the Scheme:-
(1) The manner in which subscriptions to the Fund may be made and the maximum and minimum limits of such subscriptions.
(2) The manner in which interest on subscriptions to the Fund may be calculated.
(3) The documents to be issued to subscribers as evidence of the subscriptions made by them to the Fund.
(4) The extent to which and the terms and conditions under which withdrawals may be made by subscribers from the amount standing to their credit in the Fund.
(5) The authority or authorities by or through whom subscriptions to the Fund may be collected or withdrawals there from may be made.
(6) The terms and conditions under which loans may be granted to subscribers out of the amounts standing to their credit in the Fund and the authority or authorities by whom such loans may be granted.
(7) The account to be maintained with respect to subscriptions to the Fund, and withdrawals and final payments made and loans granted there from and the authority or authorities by whom such account shall be maintained.
(8) The nomination of any person to receive the amount standing to the credit of a subscriber in the Fund in the event of his death and the cancellation or change of such nomination.
(9) The issue of duplicate of any document issued as evidence of any subscription to the Fund in the event of damage, loss or destruction of the original and the fee on the payment of which such duplicate may be issued..
(10) Any other matter which is to be provided for in the Scheme or which may be necessary or proper for the purpose of implementing the Scheme.