11. Survey of manual scavengers in urban areas by Municipalities.
(1) If any Municipality has reason to believe that some persons are engaged or employed in manual scavenging within its jurisdiction, the Chief Executive Officer of such Municipality shall cause a survey to be undertaken to identify such persons.
(2) The content and methodology of the survey referred to in sub-section (1) shall be such as may be prescribed, and it shall be completed within a period of two months from its commencement in the case of Municipal Corporations, and within a period of one month in the case of other Municipalities.
(3) The Chief Executive Officer of the Municipality, in whose jurisdiction the survey is undertaken, shall be responsible for accurate and timely completion of the survey.
(4) After completion of the survey, the Chief Executive Officer shall cause to be drawn up a provisional list of persons found to be working as manual scavengers within the jurisdiction of his Municipality and fulfilling the eligibility conditions as may be prescribed, shall cause such provisional list to be published for general information in such manner, as may be prescribed, and shall invite objections to the list from the general public.
(5) Any person having any objection, either to the inclusion or exclusion of any name in the provisional list published in pursuance of sub-section (4), shall, within a period of fifteen days from such publication, file an objection, in such form as the Municipality may notify, to the Chief Executive Officer.
(6) All objections received in pursuance of sub-section (5), shall be enquired into, and thereafter a final list of persons found to be working as manual scavengers within the local limits of the municipality, shall be published by it in such manner, as may be prescribed.
(7) As soon as the final list of manual scavengers, referred to in sub-section (6) is published, the persons included in the said list shall, subject to the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 6, stand discharged from any obligation to work as manual scavengers.