6. Power to enter, search and seize without warrant.-
(1) An authorised officer, if he has reason to believe that any provision of this Act has been, or is being contravened, may enter and search any place where- (a) any trade or commerce in electronic cigarettes is carried on or electronic cigarettes are produced, supplied, distributed, stored or transported; or (b) any advertisement of the electronic cigarettes has been or is being made.
(2) After completion of the search referred to in sub-section (1), the authorised officer shall seize any record or property found as a result of the search in the said place, which are intended to be used, or reasonably suspected to have been used, in connection with any matter referred to in sub-section (1) and if he thinks proper, take into custody and produce, along with the record or property so seized, before the Court of Judicial Magistrate of the first class, any such person whom he has reason to believe to have committed any offence punishable under this Act.
(3) Where it is not practicable to seize the record or property, the officer authorised under sub-section (1), may make an order in writing to attach such property, stocks or records maintained by the producer, manufacturer, importer, exporter, transporter, seller, distributor, advertiser or stockist about which a complaint has been made or credible information has been received or a reasonable suspicion exists of their having been connected with any offence in contravention of the provisions of this Act and such order shall be binding on the person connected with the said offence.
(4) All searches, seizures and attachment under this section shall be made in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974).