32. Qualifications for appointment of Chairperson and Members of Appellate Tribunal.-
(1) A person shall not be qualified for appointment as Chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal unless he is a sitting or retired Judge of a High Court, who has completed not less than five years' of service.
(2) A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Member unless he-
(a) in the case of a Judicial Member, has been a Member of the Indian Legal Service and has held the post of Additional Secretary or equivalent post in that Service;
(b) in the case of an Administrative Member, has been a Member of the Indian Revenue Service and has held the post of Chief Commissioner of Income tax or equivalent post in that Service.
(3) No sitting Judge of a High Court shall be appointed under this section except after consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court.
(4) The Chairperson or a Member holding a post as such in any other Tribunal, established under any law for the time being in force, in addition to his being the Chairperson or a Member of that Tribunal, may be appointed as the Chairperson or a Member, as the case may be, of the Appellate Tribunal under this Act.