Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960
6. Term of office and conditions of services of members of the Board.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office a member of the Board shall be three years.
(2) Subject to the provisions contained in sub-section (4), the term of office of the member elected to represent any municipal corporation (other than the corporations of Bombay, Calcutta, Delhi and Madras) shall be one year from the date on which such member assumes office.
(3) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue to which he is such a member.
(4) The term of office of member elected or chosen under clause (c), clause (e), (f) clause (g) or clause (I) of section 5 to represent any body of person shall come to an end as soon as he ceases to be a member of the body which elected him or in respect of which he was chosen.
(5) The term of office of a member nominated, elected or chosen to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of office of the member on whose place he is nominated, elected or chosen.
(6) The members of the Board shall receive such allowances it any, as the Board may subject to the previous approval of the Central Government, provide by regulations made by it in this behalf.
(7) No act done or proceeding taken by the Board shall be questioned on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or defect in the constitution of, the Board.