Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960
15. Committee for control and supervision of experiments on animals. -
(1) If at any time, on the advice of the Board, the Central Government is of opinion that it is necessary so to do for the purpose of controlling and supervising experiments on animals, it may, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute a Committee consisting of such number of officials and non-officials, as it may think fit to appoint thereto.
(2) The Central Government shall nominate one of the members of the Committee to be its Chairman.
(3) The Committee shall have power to regulate its own procedure in relation to the performance on of its duties.
(4) The funds of the Committee shall consist of grants made to it from time to time by the Government and of contributions, donations, subscriptions, bequests, gifts and the like made to it by any person.