The Prevention and Control of Infectious and Contagious Diseases in Animals Act, 2009
14. Check Posts and Quarantine Camps
1. The Director may establish as many Quarantine Camps and Check Posts within the State as may be required-
a. for the detention of animals suffering from any scheduled disease or of animals which have come into contact with or have been kept in the proximity of any such infected animal;
b. for ensuring the prevention of entry into or exit from any controlled area or infected area or free area, of any animal belonging to the species of animals in respect of which a notification, issued under sub-section (1) of section 6, or an order issued under sub-section (2) of section 7, is in force.
2. Any animal which is required to be detained, inspected, vaccinated, or marked, may be kept in the Quarantine Camp for such period as the Competent Officer may direct.
3. Every animal detained at a Quarantine Camp shall be under the custody of the person in charge of the camp, and shall be vaccinated and marked.
4. The officer in charge of the Quarantine Camp shall, at the time of release of an animal from the station, grant a permit, in such form as may be prescribed by the State Government, to the person taking charge of the animal, and every such person shall be bound to produce the permit whenever required to do so by any Competent Officer.