18. Maintenance of secrecy of voting by electors within place of polling and voting procedure.-
(1) Every elector to whom a ballot paper has been delivered under rule 14 shall maintain secrecy of voting within the place of polling and for that purpose observe the voting procedure hereinafter laid down.
(2) An elector on receiving the ballot paper shall forthwith-
(a) proceed to one of the voting compartments;
(b) record his vote in accordance with sub-rule (2) of rule 17;
(c) fold the ballot paper so as to conceal his vote;
(d) insert the folded ballot paper into the ballot box; and
(e) quit the place of polling.
(3) Every elector shall vote without undue delay.
(4) No elector shall be allowed to enter a voting compartment when another elector is inside it.