The Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection)] Act, 1994
8. Term of office of members.-
(1) The term of office of a member, other than an ex officio member, shall be,-
(a) in case of appointment under clause (e) or clause (f) of sub-section (2) of section 7, three years: 1***
2[Provided that the term of office of a member elected under clause (f) of sub-section (2) of section 7 shall come to an end as soon as the member becomes a Minister or Minister of State or Deputy Minister, or the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker of the House of the People, or the Deputy Chairman of the Council of States or ceases to be a member of the House from which she was elected; and]
(b) in case of appointment under clause (g) of the said sub-section, one year.
(2) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of any other members, whether by reason of his death, resignation or inability to discharge his functions owing to illness or other incapacity, such vacancy shall be filled by the Central Government by making a fresh appointment and the member so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of office of the person in whose place he is so appointed.
(3) The Vice-Chairman shall perform such functions as may be assigned to him by the Chairman from time to time.
(4) The procedure to be followed by the members in the discharge of their functions shall be such as may be prescribed.
1. The word "and" omitted by Act 32 of 2001, s. 2 (w.e.f. 3-9-2001).
2. Ins. by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 3-9-2001).