The Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection)] Act, 1994
1. Short title, extent and commencement.-
(1) This Act may be called 2[the Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection)] Act, 1994.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of India 3***.
(3) It shall come into force on such date4 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
3. The words "except the State of Jammu and Kashmir" omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule
4. 1st January, 1996, vide notification No. S.O. 990, dated 21st December, 1995, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).