Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Act, 1990
14.Establishment of Broadcasting Council, term of office and removal, etc., of members thereof
1) There shall be established, by notification, as soon as may
be after the appointed day, a Council, to be known as the Broadcasting Council,
to receive and consider complaints referred to in Section 15 and to advise the
Corporation in the discharge of its functions in accordance with the objectives
set out in Section 12.
2) The Broadcasting Council shall consist of -
a) a President and ten other members to be appointed by the President of India from amongst persons of eminence in public life;
b) four Members of Parliament, of whom two from the House of the People to be nominated to the Speaker thereof and two from the Council of States to be nominated by the Chairman thereof.
3) The President of the Broadcasting Corporation shall be a Whole-time member and every other member shall be a Part-time member and the President or the Part-time member shall hold the office as such for a term of three years from the date on which he enters upon his office.
4) The Broadcasting Council may constitute such number of
Regional Councils as it may deem necessary to aid assist the Council in the
discharge of its function.
5) The President of the broadcasting Council shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be subject to such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension (if any), provident fund and other matters as may be prescribed: Provided that the salary and allowances and the conditions of service shall not be varied to the disadvantage of the President of the Broadcasting Council after his appointment.
6) The other members of the Broadcasting Council and the Members of the Regional Councils constituted under sub-section (4) shall be entitled to such allowances as may be prescribed.