The Central Reserve Police Force Act, 1949
9. More heinous offences.
Every member of the Force who-
- begins, excites, causes or conspires to cause or joins in any mutiny, or, being present at any mutiny, does not use his utmost endeavour to suppress it, or knowing, or having reason to believe in, the existence of any mutiny, or of any intention or conspiracy to mutiny or of any conspiracy against the State does not, without delay, give information thereof to his superior officer ; or
- uses, or attempts to use, criminal force to, or commits an assault on, his superior officer, whether on or off duty, knowing or having reason to believe him to be such ; or
- shamefully abandons or delivers up any post or guard which is committed to his charge, or which it is his duty to defend ; or
- directly or indirectly holds correspondence with, or assists or relieves any person in arms against the State or omits to discover immediately to his superior officer any such correspondence coming to his knowledge ; or who, while on active duty,- .
- disobeys the lawful command of his superior officer; or
- deserts the Force ; or
- being a sentry, sleeps upon his post or quits it without being regularly relieved or without leave ; or
- leaves his commanding officer, or his post or party, to go in search of plunder
- quits his guard, picquet, party or patrol without being regularly relieved or without leave ; or
- uses criminal force to, or commits an assault on, any person bringing provisions or other necessaries to camp or quarters, or forces a safeguard or breaks into any house or other place for plunder, or plunders, destroys or damages property of any kind; or
- intentionally causes or spreads a false alarm in action or in camp, garrison or quarters ; or
- displays cowardice in the execution of his duty, shall be punishable with transportation for life for a term of not less than seven years or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to fourteen years or with fine which may extend to three months pay or with fine to that extent in addition to such sentence of trans - portation or imprisonment.