11. Deposit and payment of compensation.-
(1) The amount of compensation determined under section 10 shall be deposited by the Central Government, the State Government or the corporation, as the case may be, with the competent authority within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(2) If the amount of compensation is not deposited within the time prescribed under sub-section (1), the Central Government, the State Government or the corporation, as the case may be, shall be liable to pay interest thereon at the rate of six per cent. per annum from the date on which the compensation had to be deposited till the date of the actual deposit.
(3) As soon as may be after the compensation has been deposited under sub-section (1) the competent authority shall, on behalf of the Central Government the State Government or the corporation, as the case may be, pay the compensation to the persons entitled thereto.
(4) Where several persons claim to be interested in the amount of compensation deposited under sub-section (1), the competent authority shall determined the persons who in its opinion are entitled to receive the compensation and the amount payable to each of them.
(5) If any dispute arises as to the apportionment of the compensation or any part thereof or as to the persons to whom the same or any part thereon is payable, the competent authority shall refer the dispute to the decision of the District Judge within the limits of whose jurisdiction the land or any part thereof is situated and the decision of the District Judge thereon shall be final.