9. Central Executive Committee.
(1) The Central Government shall constitute a Committee to be known as the Central Executive Committee to perform the functions assigned to it under this Act.
(2) The Central Executive Committee shall consist of
(a) the Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Welfare, Chair-person, ex officio;
(b) the Chief Commissioner, Member, ex officio;
(c) the Director-General for Health Services, Member, ex officio;
(d) the Director-General, Employment and Training, Member, ex officio;
(e) six persons not below the rank of a Joint Secretary to the Government of India, to represent the Ministries or Departments of Rural Development, Education, Welfare, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension and Urban Affairs and Employment, Science and Technology, Members, ex officio;
(f) the Financial Advisor, Ministry of Welfare in the Central Government, Member, ex officio; (g) Advisor (Tariff) Railway Board, Member, ex officio;
(h) four members to be nominated by the Central Government, by rotation, to represent the State Governments and the Union territories in such manner as may be prescribed by the Central Government;
(i) one person to be nominated by the Central Government to represent the interest, which in the opinion of the Central Government ought to be represented, Member;
(j) five persons, as far as practicable, being persons with disabilities, to represent non- governmental organisations or associations which are concerned with disabilities, to be nominated by the Central Government, one from each area of disability, Members:
Provided that while nominating persons under this clause, the Central Government shall nominate at least one woman and one person belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes;
(k) Joint Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Welfare dealing with the welfare of the handicapped, Member-Secretary, ex officio.
(3) Members nominated under clause (i) and clause (j) of sub-section (2) shall receive such allowances as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(4) A Member nominated under clause (i) or clause (j) of sub-section (2) may at any time resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government and the seat of the said Member shall thereupon become vacant.