56. Institutions for persons with severe disabilities.
(1) The appropriate Government may establish and maintain institutions for persons with severe disabilities at such places as it thinks fit.
(2) Where, the appropriate Government is of opinion that any institution other than an institution, established under sub-section (1), is fit for the rehabilitation of the persons with severe disabilities, the Government may recognise such institution as an institution for persons with severe disabilities for the purposes of this Act:
Provided that no institution shall be recognised under this section unless such institution has complied with the requirements of this Act and the rules made thereunder.
(3) Every institution established under sub-section (1) shall be maintained in such manner and satisfy such conditions as may be prescribed by the appropriate Government.
(4) For the purposes of this section "person with severe disability" means a person with eighty per cent. or more of one or more disabilities.