19. State Executive Committee.
(1) The State Government shall constitute a committee to be known as the State Executive Committee to perform the functions assigned to it under this Act.
(2) The State Executive Committee shall consist of
(a) the Secretary, Department of Social Welfare, Chairperson, ex officio;
(b) the Commissioner, Member, ex officio;
(c) nine persons not below the rank of a Joint Secretary to the State Government, to represent the Departments of Health, Finance, Rural Development, Education, Welfare, Personnel Public Grievances, Urban Affairs Labour and Employment, Science and Technology, Members, ex officio;
(d) one person to be nominated by the State Government to represent the interest, which in the opinion of the State Government ought to be represented, Member;
(e) five persons, as far as practicable being persons with disabilities, to represent non- governmental organisations or associations which are concerned with disabilities, to be nominated by the State Government, one from each area of disability, Members:
Provided that while nominating persons under this clause, the State Government shall nominate at least one woman and one person belonging to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes;
(f) Joint Secretary dealing with the disability division in the Department of Welfare, Member- Secretary, ex officio.
(3) Members nominated under clause (d) and clause (e) of sub-section (2) shall receive such allowances as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(4) A Member nominated under clause (d) or clause (e) may at any time resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the State Government and the seat of the said Member shall thereupon become vacant.