Pensionís Act, 1871
14. Power to make rules
15[In each 19[State]] the Chief Controlling Revenue Authority may, with the consent of the 18[appropriate Government], from time to time, make rules consistent with this Act respecting all or any of the following matters:-
(1) the place and time at which, and the person to whom, any pension shall be paid;
(2) inquiries into the identity of claimants;
(3) records to be kept on the subject of pensions;
(4) transmission of such records;
(5) correction of such records;
(6) delivery of certificates to pensioners;
(7) registers of such certificates;
(8) reference to the Civil Court, under section six, of persons claiming a right of succession to, or participation in, pensions or grants of money or land-revenue payable by Government; and generally for the guidance of officers under this Act.
All such rules shall be published in the 20[Official Gazette], and shall thereupon have the force of law.
Comment: The question is whether mother is a dependent. In view of the express definition of the family, mother has not been included as a member of the family to claim any family pension from the Government, much less after the maximum period of ten years. State of Gujarat v. Sarti Devi, AIR 1996 SUPREME COURT 937