Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
(1) Each employee, who has completed one year of service, shall make, within such time, in such form and in such manner, as may be prescribed, nomination for the purpose of the second proviso to sub-section (1) of section 4
(2) An employee may, in his nomination, distribute the amount of gratuity payable to him under this Act amongst more than one nominee.
(3) If an employee has a family at the time of making a nomination, the nomination shall be made in favor of one or more members of his family, and any nomination made by such employee in favor of a person who is not a member of his family shall be void.
(4) If at the time of making a nomination the employee has no family, the nomination may be made in favor of any person or persons but if the employee subsequently acquires a family, such nomination shall forthwith become invalid and the employee shall make, within such time as may be prescribed, a fresh nomination in favor of one or more members of his family.
(5) A nomination may, subject to the provisions of sub-section
(3) and (4), be modified by an employee at any time, after giving to his
employer a written notice in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed,
of his intention to do so.
(6) If a nominee predeceases the employee, the interest of the nominee shall revert to the employee who shall make a fresh nomination, in the prescribed form, in respect of such interest.
(7) Every nomination, fresh nomination or alteration of nomination, as the case may be, shall be sent by the employee to his employer, who shall keep the same in his safe custody.