Patents Act, 1970
67. Register of patents and particulars to be entered therein
(1) There shall be kept at the patent office a register of patents, wherein shall be entered-
(a) the names and addresses of grantees of patents;
(b) notifications of assignments and of transmissions of patents, of licenses under patents, and of amendments, and revocations of patents; and
(c) particulars of such other matters affecting the validity or proprietorship of patents as may be prescribed.
(2) No notice of any trust, whether express, implied or constructive, shall be entered in the register, and the Controller shall not be affected by any such notice.
(3) Subject to the superintendence and direction of the Central Government, the register shall be kept under the control and management of the Controller.
(4) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the register of patents existing at the commencement of this Act shall be incorporated in, and form part of, the register under this Act.