Indian Partnership Act, 1932
58. Application for registration
- The registration of a firm may be effected at any time by sending by post or delivering to the Registrar of the area in which any place of business of the firm is situated or proposed to be situated, a statement in the prescribed form and accompanied by the prescribed fee, stating-
- the firm name,
- the place or principal place of business of the firm,
- the names of any other places where the firm carries on business,
- the date when each partner joined the firm,
- the names in full and permanent addresses of the partners, and
- the duration of the firm.
The statement shall be signed by all the partners, or by their agents specially authorized in this
- Each person signing the statement shall also verify it in the manner prescribed.
- A firm name shall not contain any of the following words, namely - Crown, Empero, Empress, Empire, Imperial, King, Queen, Royal, or words expressing or implying the sanction, approval or patronage of, 5[Government], except 6,[when the State Government] signified 7[its] consent to the use of such words as part of the firm name by order in writing 8[***].