6. Term of office and casual vacancies.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member of the Board shall be five years from the date of his election or nomination or until his successor has been duly elected or nominated, whichever is longer:
Provided that the term of office of a member elected under clause (a) or clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 5, or of a member of Parliament nominated under clause (d) of sub-section (2) of section 5, shall come to an end as soon as he ceases to be a member of the House of the State Legislature which elected him, the managing committee or Parliament, as the case may be.
(2) A member may at any time resign his office by giving notice in writing to the State Government and on such resignation being notified in the Official Gazette by that Government, the seat of such member shall become vacant.
(3) A casual vacancy in the Board shall be filled by fresh election or nomination, as the case may be; and the term of office of a member elected or nominated to fill such vacancy shall be the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he is elected or nominated.
(4) Members of the Board shall be eligible for re-election or re-nomination.
(5) No act done or proceeding taken by the Board shall be questioned on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancy in, or defect in the constitution of, the Board.