5. Board of Control, its constitution, etc.-
(1) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish a Board of Control for the supervision and control of homes in the State.
(2) The Board shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) three members of the State Legislature to be elected by the members thereof; provided that where the State Legislature consist of two Houses, two members shall be elected by the members of the Legislative Assembly from among themselves and one member shall be elected by the members of the Legislative Council from among themselves;
(b) five members of the managing committees in the State, to be elected by such committees from among themselves, each such committee having one vote only for this purpose;
(c) the officer in charge of social welfare work in the State, to be nominated by the State Government;
(d) six members to be nominated by the State Government, of whom not more than one shall be a member of Parliament from the State and not less than three shall be women.
(3) If for any reason the officer referred to in clause (c) of sub-section (2) is unable to attend any meeting of the Board, he may depute any officer subordinate to him to attend such meeting.
(4) The Chairman of the Board shall be elected by the members of the Board from among themselves:
Provided that at the time of the first constitution of the Board, one of the members of the Board shall be nominated by the State Government to be its Chairman.