6. Power to make rules as respects mineral oils development.-
(1)The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for the conservation and development of 2[mineral oils].
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely: -
2* * * *
(c) the development of any 3[mineral oil resources] in any area by prescribing or regulating the use of any engines, machinery or other equipment;
(d) the regulation of drilling, re-drilling, deepening, shutting down, plugging and abandoning of oilwells in an oilfield and for the limitation or prohibition of such operations and for the taking of remedial measures to prevent waste of or damage to oil;
(e) the regulation of the methods of producing oil in any oilfield, and the limitation or prohibition of such methods;
(f) the compulsory notification of all new borings and shaft sinkings, and the preservation of boring records and specimens of cores of all new bore-holes;
(g) the taking of samples from mines and new bore-holes;
(h) the regulation of the arrangements for the storage of 2[mineral oils] and the stocks thereof that may be kept by any person;
4[(i) the collection of royalties, and the levy and collection of fees or taxes, in respect of mineral oils mined, quarried, excavated or collected;]
(j) the submission by the owners or lessees of mines of special or periodical returns and reports, and the forms in which and the authorities to whom such returns and reports shall be submitted.
1. Subs. by Act 67 of 1957, s. 32 and the Third Schedule, for "minerals" (w.e.f. 1-6-1958).
2. Omitted by s. 32 and the Third Schedule, ibid., (w.e.f.1-6-1958).
3. Subs. by s. 32 and the Third Schedule, ibid., for "mineral resources" (w.e.f.1-6-58).
4. Subs. by Act 39 of 1969, s. 2, for clause (i) (w.e.f. 1-1-1968).