11. Power of inspection.-
(1) For the purpose of ascertaining the position of the working, actual or prospective, of any mine or abandoned mine or for any other purpose mentioned in this Act or the rules made thereunder, any officer authorised by the Central Government in this behalf shall have the right to-
(a) enter and inspect any mine;
(b) order the production of any document, book, register or record in the possession or power of any person having the control of, or connected with, any mine;
(c) examine any person having the control of, or connected with, any mine.
(2) Any officer authorised by the Central Government under sub-section (1) shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860).
1. Subs. by Act 20 of 1984, s. 3, for the original section 10.
2. Subs. by Act 29 of 1998, s. 3 (w.e.f. 3-9-1998).
3. Subs. by the A. O. 1950, for s. 13 (w.e.f. 26-1-1950).