The Oil Industry (Development) Act, 1974
7. Principles and conditions of assistance.
- Before rendering any assistance to any oil industrial concern or other person, the Board shall have regard to such directions as the Central Government may issue in this behalf and shall satisfy itself that-
- such assistance is not contrary to such directions; and
- such assistance is necessary as a matter of priority in the interests of the development of oil industry.
- In rendering any assistance to any oil industrial concern or other person, the Board shall impose such conditions as may be prescribed and may also impose such additional conditions as it may think necessary or expedient for protecting the interests of the Board and for securing that the assistance rendered by it is put to the best use by such concern or other person.