11. Grant of reconnaissance permit.-
(1) The administering authority may grant a non-exclusive reconnaissance permit to any person eligible under section 6 for grant of operating right.
(2) The period for which a reconnaissance permit may be granted under sub-section (1) shall be for a period specified in such permit which shall not exceed two years.
(3) A reconnaissance permit granted under sub-section (1) may be renewed for a period not exceeding two years if, after a review of the progress made during the period of such grant, the administering authority is satisfied that a further period is necessary to complete the reconnaissance operation.
(4) The area that may be granted under one reconnaissance permit shall not exceed a block of two degree latitude by two degree longitude.
(5) The administering authority may grant reconnaissance permits to more than one person in respect of the same area for the same mineral deposits in the interest of offshore mineral development.