5. Things removed may, in certain cases, be sold.
If after publishing such notification, such thing is unclaimed, or if the person claiming the same fails to pay the amount due for the said expenses and any customs-duties or other charges properly incurred by the 8 [Central Government] in respect thereof, the 1 [Central Government] may sell such thing by public auction, if it is of a perishable nature, forthwith, and if it is not of a perishable nature, at any time not less than six months after publishing such notification as aforesaid.
1. The Act has been extended to Goa, Daman and Diu with modifications by Reg. 12 of 1962, s. 3 and Sch. and to the Union territory of Lakshadweep by Reg. 8 of 1965, s. 3 and Sch. (w.e.f. 1-10-1967).
2. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order, 1956 for a Part A State or a Part C State".
3. The words "and it shall come into force at once." rep. by Act 10 of 1914, s. 3 and Sch. II.
4. Subs. by the A. O. 1937, for "belonging to Her Majesty or hired by Her Majesty or by the Secretary of State for India in Council".
5. Subs. ibid.,for "the L. G. of the part of British India in which such port is situate".
6. Subs. ibid.,for "in the opinion of the L.G.".
7. Subs. ibid.,for "the Govt.".
8. Subs. ibid.,for "L. G.".