Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

19. Adjustment of claims between persons jointly using water-course.-

If any person, jointly responsible with others for the construction or maintenance of a water-course, or jointly making use of a water-course with others, neglects or refuses to pay his share of the cost of such construction or maintenance, or to execute his share of any work necessary for such construction or maintenance, the Divisional or Sub-divisional Canal-officer, on receiving an application in writing from any person injured by such neglect or refusal, shall serve notice on all the parties concerned that, on the expiration of fortnight from the service, he will investigate the case; and shall, on the expiration of that period, investigate the case accordingly, and make such order thereon as to him seems fit.

Such order shall be appealable to the Commissioner, whose order thereon shall be final.

Recovery of amount found due.-

Any sum directed by such order to be paid within a specified period may, if not paid within such period, and if the order remains in force, berecovered by the Collector, from the person directed to pay the same, as if it were an arrear of land-revenue.

Northern India Canal and Drainageact, 1873 Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys